VTS Connects - Employment Postings
These are the latest job postings from The Field Education Office:No Downloads to display
|Director of Children's Ministries, Darien CT|
St. Luke’s in Darien, CT, is seeking someone with a passion for children and their spiritual formation. This person needs to have the skills, aptitude, and experience to lead a large and vital ministry at a thriving parish. The Director of Children’s Ministries is responsible for all aspects of children’s formation and programming, from infants through the fifth grade, including: Sunday church school, seasonal programs and VBS, communication with parents, oversight of staff and training of volunteers, and cooperation with the parish school for chapels, all in coordination with the clergy and lay leaders of the parish. For the full job description, please visit our website
|Director of Christian Education, Fort Mill SC|
St. Paul’s Episcopal Church is a growing Christian community that seeks professional leadership for its Christian Education ministries for children and youth. This person will help the community to define its vision for this ministry and will provide the leadership and support needed to accomplish that vision.
Develop and lead a Christian Education Committee.
Regarding Sunday School:
Recruit and train Sunday School teachers.
Select curriculum in consultation with rector and Christian Education committee.
Support Sunday School teachers in their ministry (including preparation of materials).
Provide pastoral care to teachers and develop a teacher appreciation program.
Develop ways to grow Sunday School program and improve participation.
Regarding Youth Ministry
Organize youth ministry for ages 11-18.
Recruit and train youth leaders.
Plan youth programming.
Facilitate the formation of Christian community among the youth of St. Paul’s.
Regarding Vacation Bible School:
Recruit teachers and other volunteers.
Select program materials.
Plan and Oversee program.
Supervise paid nursery attendant.
Recruit additional volunteers to assist in nursery.
Manage operation of nursery.
Develop relationships with children and their families:
Visit children in homes.
Keep roster of children in parish including ages, birthdays, grades, etc.
Regarding special events:
Supervise Christmas Pageant.
Develop training programs for children (like Introduction to Communion)
Attend one Sunday morning service
Other projects as requested by the rector
- This job requires 16 hours per week, with the understanding that some periods of the year will demand more time and the director will be able to take “comp” time during periods that are not as demanding.
- The director will be expected to be at Church each Sunday from 9:30-1:00.
- The director will be expected to be available for parishioners during the week. This may take the form of published office hours or it may be in another manner as negotiated with the rector.
- Some evening hours may be required for meetings and home visits.
Inquiries may be sent to:
The Rev. Sally Franklin
St. Paul’s Episcopal Church
P.O. Box 753
Fort Mill, S.C. 29715
|Director of Faith Formation, Surfside Beach SC|
The part-time Director of Faith Formation for The Church of the Resurrection (Surfside Beach, SC), working with Pastoral staff, will be responsible for the oversight and development of programs which facilitate and encourage Christian spiritual growth for multigenerational congregants so that the Word of God may dwell in the hearts of believers to inform and shape all areas of life.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Children’s Ministry
- a. Manage the AWANA Program
- b. Oversee the children’s nursery
- c. Prepare and execute annual Vacation Bible School program
- d. Develop faith formation programs for children
- e. Recruit, train, and support volunteers
- f. Ensure proper training to applicable individuals of Safeguarding God's Children
- g. Maintain healthy, productive communications in all educational areas (bulletin boards, walls, hallways, etc.)
- h. Partner with Youth Minister to blend children and youth ministries
- 2. Grow Groups
- a. Promote grow group adult offerings
- b. Direct the training of adult grow group leaders
- c. Research, select, and acquire appropriate materials and media for grow group programs and processes
- 3. Lead programs that provide for multigenerational learning
- 4. Facilitate the integration of faith at home for all
- 5. Administrative Duties
- a. Maintain regular office hours
- b. Attend weekly staff meetings
- c. Meet monthly with the GROW AOM
- d. Develop and maintain a budget for the Faith Formation Program
Skills and Knowledge
- Possesses Biblical proficiency of Scripture as the inspired Word of God
- Loves the Lord and can freely express his or her personal faith
- Embraces the Anglican Tradition and Incarnational Theology
- Shepherds congregants through the various stages of Christian growth
- Inspires and motivates people toward a deeper relationship with Christ
- Understands the realities of child behavior and can deal with situations that may arise
- Protects children and their privacy
- Accepts without bias congregants with special needs and joyfully accommodates as needed
- Possesses a proven ability to work as a productive member of a team
- Possesses computer and technology proficiency
- Possesses the ability to multitask
Minimum Educational Requirements
- BS/BA (or equivalent experience)
- Completion of or willingness to complete the course Safeguarding God’s Children and other applicable training requirements
- Pass national background check successfully
- Provide resume and references
Qualified candidates may submit resume, references, and letter of interest via e-mail to CORSurfside@gmail.com
|Director of Family Ministries, Columbia SC|
St. John’s Episcopal Church, located in the Shandon neighborhood of Columbia, South Carolina, seeks a full-time Director of Family Ministries who will develop, coordinate, and shepherd effective ministry relationships, formation, and other programs for our children, teenagers, and their families.
Partners in ministry will be the rector, staff, and vestry, members of the children’s and youth committees, Sunday school teachers, youth advisors, parents, and other volunteers. A Bachelor’s degree is required (a Master’s degree is preferred), along with experience in areas of pastoral and administrative ministries such as Christian formation, childhood and adolescent development, youth ministry, etc.
· will display obvious gifts for empowering and equipping volunteers;
· will enthusiastically enjoy working with children, teenagers, and their families;
· will have the ability to create an exciting and welcoming learning environment;
· will be adept and proficient in all relevant areas of personal, written, and electronic communication and social media;
· will be highly organized and creative;
· and will be familiar with and embrace the tradition and teaching of The Episcopal Church.
|Director of Youth & Children’s Ministries, Ashton MD|
Ashton United Methodist Church is seeking a Director of Youth & Children’s Ministries.
The youth and children’s ministry of Ashton UMC exists to empower young people with the love of Jesus Christ through a caring and committed community where they can grow in their Christian faith. This ministry exists to welcome young people into our faith community and provide opportunities for spiritual formation and growth.
a. This is a full time position. It is expected that the incumbent will work an average of 40 hours per week.
b. Work hours:
1) The number of working hours per week is variable. Some weeks will require greater than 40 hours, e.g. for retreats, mission trips, Vacation Bible School, etc.
2) Some hours will be spent working outside the church weekday business hours, e.g. some evenings, weekends, etc.
3) Some hours will be spent during church business hours, e.g. for staff meetings, Worship services, and Sunday school, planning, etc.
c. The compensation package includes a church-owned parsonage that is located adjacent to the church grounds.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS FOR THE POSITION:
a. The Youth and Children’s Director (YCD) needs to have a dedication to both youth and children’s ministry, a strong personal faith, a growing relationship with God, and must model a Christ-centered life.
b. The YCD needs to have a caring and dynamic personality. He/she needs to have demonstrated experience in establishing strong relationships with young people and the ability to create engaging models of ministry for age groups ranging from infants through college students.
c. The YCD should be an effective teacher and communicator.
d. The YCD needs to have strong organizational and team building skills.
All applications must be received by March 30, 2014.
Please direct all inquiries to:
Ed Loane, SPRC Chair Ashton United Methodist Church - (email@example.com)
17314 New Hampshire Ave. Ashton, MD 20861
|Youth and Children’s Minister, Rincon GA|
St. Luke’s Episcopal Church located in Rincon, Georgia is looking for a full-time Youth and Children’s Minister. We are a small but growing church and are seeking someone who is relational and self-motivated to help us build a program for our children and youth. This person will work with the Vicar and current youth volunteers in casting a vision, building developmentally appropriate programs, recruiting and training volunteers, and communicating regularly the different activities and programs offered.
The ideal Youth and Children’s Minister will not only be creative and able to build up a program within the church, but also willing and able to reach out to the community to invite in youth, children, and their families. Evangelism and pastoral care will be primary components of this position by its very nature.Click here for the full position description
|Minister of Youth, Edina MN|
St. Stephen’s Episcopal Church in Edina, Minnesota, is seeking to hire a professional, lay or ordained, to fill the full-time position of Minister of Youth.
St. Stephen’s is a dynamic church with over 1,000 members and multiple worship services each Sunday. Our members believe that St. Stephen’s is and should be an open, welcoming, and thoughtful congregation.
The Minister of Youth, working in consultation with the Rector and Associate Rector, has primary responsibility for the education, fellowship, and mission opportunities for youth from grades 6-12. Currently our program serves 120 youth with strong support from the parish community as evidenced in a volunteer network of more than 25 adults. Our ideal candidate will be experienced and familiar with the dynamics of such a program and community and will use his or her gifts and experience to build on our existing programs to make them even better.View the full job description