|The Merit Scholarship recognizes entering full-time students who have demonstrated outstanding academic achievement in study prior to seminary. Applicants must be committed to Christ and the Church, have potential for outstanding leadership in the Church, have an undergraduate GPA of 3.5 or higher, and show potential for further scholarly achievement in the future. The GRE scores for the verbal portion of the exam must exceed 160. |
To be considered for this scholarship, applicants must:
1. Complete and submit all materials for the VTS application for admission as a full-time M.Div or MA student.
2. Compose a letter stating your interest in being considered for the scholarship and citing your academic achievements. Include this letter as a cover when you submit your academic paper.
3. Submit an academic paper (or chapter from a thesis or book) that includes research and argument in the development of a thesis.
4. Ensure that one of the reference request letters be prepared by an academic reference who particularly comments on your academic ability and potential.
5. Prepare and submit these materials to the Admissions Office by March 1 and complete the personal interview by April 1.
Scholarships from Non-VTS Sources