Washington Theological Consortium Libraries
VTS Students and faculty have borrowing privileges at the other nine seminaries of the Washington Theological Consortium. To borrow from any of the other nine schools you must present a current Washington Theological Consortium Borrowing Privileges Formand a photo ID (preferably a VTS student ID). Borrower's forms may be obtained from the Public Services Librarian, Karen Madigan, at the VTS Library.
- Catholic University of America - University Libraries
- Catalog of the Mullen Library, Catholic University of America.
- Dominican House of Studies Library
- The Dominican House of Studies library catalog is part of the HELIN Library Consortium catalog, available through this link.
- Howard University School of Divinity Library
- The library catalog for the Divinity Library at Howard is part of Sterling, the Howard University system library catalog, accessible through this link.
- John Leland Center, Alma Hunt Theological Library
- Lutheran Theological Seminary at Gettysburg
- The LTSG catalog is part of Ecco, the library catalog for the Eastern Cluster of Lutheran Seminaries, accessible through this link.
- Union Theological Seminary
- Located in Richmond, Va.
- Wesley Theological Seminary Library
- Woodstock Theological Center Library
- The Woodstock Centers library catalog is searchable as part of the Georgetown University Library catalog.
Episcopal Seminary Libraries (nationwide)
- Berkeley Divinity School Library at Yale Connecticut
- Bexley Hall Seminary Library
- Bexley Hall Library shares its online catalog with Colgate-Rochester Divinity School and St. Bernard's School of Theology and Ministry. New York<
- Church Divinity School of the Pacific
- California. Part of the Graduate Theological Union of Berkeley, and served by the GTU library.
- Episcopal Divinity School Library (Massachusetts)
- Episcopal Theological Seminary of the Southwest Library (Texas)
- General Theological Seminary Library (New York)
- Noshotah House Library (Wisconsin)
- School of Theology of the University of the South - Sewanee Library (Tennessee)
- Seabury-Western Theological Seminary Library (Illinois)
- Shared library with Garrett Evangelical Seminary, called the United Library.
- Trinity Episcopal School for Ministry Library (Pennsylvania)
Anglican Communion and Anglican Resources
A response to the Windsor Report Request.
An extensive annotated site, organized by subject area, with links to elecronic texts and journals, reference resources, teaching resources, discussion groups, and websites.
Selective guide to gareways to specific types of religious information, organized by academic disciplines, print, people, and digital resources.
Research portal to countries of the world, each of which includes information about religion.
A comprehensive portal for many types of general reference aids: news, dictionary, thesaurus, people finders -- quick look-up guide for all types of information.
A comprehensive set of links to church and ecumenical organizations, local congregations, educational institutions, and religions of the world.
Directory of seminary libraries across the country.
Full-Text Theological Texts
Classic Christian texts in electronic format. Especially strong in early church writings.
Writings from the Anglican Reformation and tradition: Richard Baxter, Jeremy Taylor, Lancelot Andrewes, etc.; also extensive bibliographies of the Anglican tradition.
Full-text editions of current and historic Books of Common Prayer, from the Episcopal Church USA, the Church of England, and other parts of the Anglican Communion.
Pdf files of the Blue Book, Journal of the General Convention, and Constitution and Canons.
Anglican historical works in full-text, organized by time period, by major figures, by place of origin, by major topic, and by collection.
13,000 free electronic books.
Full-text electronic works by and about Martin Luther and Lutherans.
Full-text online books in the area of religion; extensive listing.
The official website of the Roman Catholic Church; contains full-text papal decrees and encyclicals, the Catechism and canon law of the church, documents from Vatican II.
Provides statistical data from multiple sources on religions, denomination, churches, religious bodies, faith groups, etc.
Resources on church administration, congregational leadership, public ministry, religion in America.
Links to internet resources on the New Testament, from Greek NT to Jesus in film.
Links to resources on the major world religions.
Links to resources on early Christian writings and their social world.
Preaching aids linked to various church lectionaries (including Episcopal Church): images, artwork, commentaries, exegetical and liturgical resources.
Alphabetical listing of church and denominational websites from all over the world.
"How to" for using English concordances, lexicons, NT and OT study, Bible software, and other exegetical resources.
Other Resources and Interesting Web Sites