|Virginia Theological Seminary is proud to announce the launching of regional chapters across the country, beginning in the fall of 2012. The chapters are envisioned as part of the VTS Alumni Association, whose membership encompasses all Seminary graduates.|
The Alumni Association dates back to 1833, when an alumni “society” was established to “produce concert in the efforts of the Alumni for the advancement of the interests of the Seminary, the prosperity of the Church, and the Spiritual improvement and ministerial usefulness of its members.” Continuing to this day, the Alumni Association has sought to strengthen the bond between alumni and the Seminary; the new regional chapters will provide opportunities to do this in deeper and broader ways.
The chapters will complement the Class Steward structure. VTS alumni will continue to stay connected with members of their class, and now through regional chapters they will have opportunities to connect geographically as well.
We invite you to participate in regional chapter programs and events, and to share with us your thoughts and suggestions for the development of chapters in your area. For more information about chapter meetings in your area, please contact Shelagh Casey Brown at (703) 462-1711 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Providing VTS alumni with opportunities to…
• Stay connected to the life of Virginia Theological Seminary
• Engage with the Dean and Faculty at regional gatherings
• Promote the interests of the Seminary and theological education
• Gather with fellow alums for educational programs, retreats, social events, and other activities
• Deepen networks with colleagues in the region
• Help support and maintain the rich heritage that is Virginia Theological Seminary