Every Voice Network, 415-550-8007, http://www.everyvoice.net/
The Via Media Basic is an eight-week evangelism curriculum with an Episcopal focus. A panel discussion with lay and ordained Episcopalians is provided on DVD to launch discussion at each of the eight sessions. Participants encounter basic principles of Christianity through the Anglican approach of scripture, traditions and reason. Rather than give easy answers to the hard questions that people ask, Via Media models through the film and the table discussions afterwards that understanding grows through conversation and community. The eight session topics are:
- An Anglican Way of Being Christian
- God and Creation: The Abundance of God's Goodness
- God in Jesus: An Incarnational Faith
- God the Holy Spirit: The Breath of New Life
- The Bible: The Word of God for the People of God
- Sin: Roadblocks to Abundant Life
- Thy Kingdom Come: The Promise of Christian Hope
- So What? What Does it Mean to be a Christian
- So What? What Does it Mean to Participate in the Eucharist
Via Media: Expanded offers the opportunity to extend the curriculum to 16 or 24 sessions. It uses the same film material but adds more written material and discussion.
Curriculum parts. In addition to the DVD, there are written sections which are delivered by CD or download, including:
- Coordinator's section. Includes a script for each session.
- Facilitator's section. Suggested discussion questions and other preparation for each week's session.
- Participant's section. Includes take-home materials to help the person reflect on what has been presented.
- Closing Worship. Provides options for closing worship, tied to the subjects for each week, that introduce different methods of prayer.