Commencement Week Schedule
Monday, May 13
Wednesday, May 15
- 3:00 p.m. Rehearsal for Service for the Mission of the Church (Immanuel Chapel) – Only those individuals participating in the service attend.
- 4:00 p.m. Mandatory Rehearsal for Commencement (Immanuel Chapel) – All graduating master’s level students are required to attend.
- 2:00-4:00 p.m. A Celebration Honoring African American Leadership in the Episcopal Church – Reception, Litany & Panel Discussion (Lettie Pate Evans Room) – by invitation
- 5:00 p.m. Service for the Mission of the Church (Immanuel Chapel)
- 6:30 p.m. Honorary Degree/Celebration of African American Leadership in the Episcopal Church Dinner (Addison Multipurpose Room) – by invitation only
Thursday, May 16
- 7:45-8:45 a.m. Women’s Breakfast (Lettie Pate Evans Room) – by invitation only
- 8:00-8:40 a.m. Student Robing (please see details below under “Robing”)
- 8:00-8:40 a.m. Faculty Robing (Addison 113)
- 8:40 a.m. Graduating students should make their way to Aspinwall Hall for class picture
- 8:55 a.m. Graduating Class Picture (Steps in front of Aspinwall Hall or Scott Lounge in case of rain)
- 9:00 a.m. Chapel opens for ticketed guests
- 9:30 a.m. All involved in Commencement procession gather in Welcome Center to line up
- 9:35 a.m. Faculty photo (outside of Welcome Center)
- 9:50 a.m. Chapel seating is opened up for all guests
- 9:55 a.m. Commencement procession begins
- 10:00 a.m. Commencement service begins (Immanuel Chapel)
- 11:30 a.m. Reception in Refectory and Scott Lounge
The Service for the Mission of the Church
The Service for the Mission of the Church will be held on Wednesday, May 15, at 5:00 p.m., in Immanuel Chapel. Graduating students do not vest or process for this service and may sit where they wish in the Chapel unless they are serving.