On Campus Housing Application & Process
Once an applicable housing unit becomes available:
* The student is assigned to the unit.
* Students complete a rental application and return it to the Director of Housing, along with a $30 application fee per adult (other than the student). The Seminary will complete a background check for all adults who will reside in the unit, besides the student, who will have completed a background check during the application process.
* VTS and student sign the lease and student is responsible for paying a security deposit. Students are responsible for all property damage upon vacating the apartment.
* Students inform the Director of Housing of their arrival date, so it can be arranged for the Director of Housing or a surrogate to be on campus to provide keys and a walk through.
* After moving in, students pay the net rent (rent less VTS subsidy) to the Seminary, and report any maintenance issues to Seminary maintenance.
* Students are responsible for their part of the rent until graduation or departure from seminary. Students receive the subsidy through May 31 and must vacate the apartment no later than June 30 following their graduation.